Thursday, August 23

Centro Storico


We are at L'Antico Portone pizza al metro primi piatti close to the best I have ever had and right up there with Napoli in '92 with Katie (one remembers these things). 

Madeleine: "Are you taking pictures of me?"
Me: "No."
Madeleine: "Dad! You just took one."
Me: "Must have slipped."
Madeleine: "Well stop."
Me: "OK. Hey, what about the 20 pictures you owe me for getting you on 20 questions?"
Madeleine: "You've taken loads already. What about the Christmas photo today? That was way more than 20."
Me: "That was so outside the arrangement. We never agreed the Xmas photos reduced your number."
Madeleine: "That is completely unfair. If you want to take more pictures then give me your pillow."
Me: "Sleep without a pillow? Are you mad?"
Madeleine: "Just negotiating Dad. You can use a towel."
Me: "Nice try kid."
Madeleine: "Fine. No pictures. See how far you get then."
Me:
M: "See? And no trying to take them when I'm not looking."
Me: "You got me kid."
Madeleine: "Can I have the pillow?"
Me: "Dream on. "