Thursday, October 27

Beads

Me and Sonnet and that is all she wrote.

I take Madeleine to Covent Garden to buy some beads since I want to make a strap for my new camera.  She pulls over her hoody and follows me dutifully. My idea something 'native American' so I bring patterns for The Sun, Rain Man and the Dragon Fly.  Michael, the friendly gay dude with tattoo's , helps me out: "This ("thith) will take you ages." Since neither of us knows how many beads I need , Michael sends me to storage where I choose bags of black, red, yellow and turquoise .. beads.  I also buy a loom and Madeleine perks up: "We can weave together!" which I am all for assuming, of course, I can weave at all. My project becomes an expensive project but, hey, in for a bead , in for a . ..

Me: "What do you think is the most important decision you have ever made?"
Madeleine: "Me?"
Me: "Yeah."
Madeleine:  "I don't know."
Me: "You gotta have one. How about the dog??"
Madeleine: "I was thinking about that but it wasn't, like, life changing."
Madeleine: "I guess I had to tell everybody so it was an important decision."
Me: "Anything else?"
Madeleine: "Choosing Tommy."


"When I'm sampling from your bosom
Sometimes I suffer from distractions like
Why does God cause things like tornadoes and train wrecks?"
--"Swimming In Your Ocean", Crash Test Dummies, 1993