Saturday, July 16

Sonnet And Her Brood

Eitan: "Do you like paint ball?"
Me: "Not really. You know how you feel when you watch war movies and you think : 'I would never get shot?' Well, I got shot in like two minutes the one time I've played."
Eitan: "Did it hurt?"
Me: "Maybe my pride."
Eitan: "I sort of like it if it hurts. It makes it more real."
Madeleine: "Oh, really, Eitan."
Eitan: "Yeah, so?"
Madeleine: "Would you like it if someone stabbed you? And you were like, 'oh, that feels reeaallly good.'"
Me: "She's got a point, you know."
Eitan: "I'm just saying, that's all."

Eitan, in the back of the car, holding a new football: "This ball feels so lovely."

Me, driving: "Hurry up, Grandma."
Madeleine: "Shush, Dad! She can hear you!"
Me: "No she can't."
Madeleine: "She can read your lips: Hur-ree up Gr-ran-dma."