Friday, April 1

A Lie In - On Kissing

Me: "Can you believe we ran that race a year ago? The one in Richmond Park?"

Eitan: "What?! I thought it was, like, five months ago."
Me: "That's the way it goes. Marching to the grave."
Eitan: "Yeah, for you."

Madeleine at an over-night and Sonnet and I watch the film "Facebook" with Eitan.
Me: "Did you like the movie?"
Eitan: "I guess so. Mom told me to put the blanket over my head during some parts."
Me: "Did you understand everything?"
Eitan: "Like what?"
Me: "It was sort of for adults. Young adults."
Eitan:
Me: "Like those things they were doing in college. At the parties."
Eitan:
Me: "How do you feel about the way the characters treated each other?"
Eitan: "I don't know."
Me: "Did anything go over your head?"
Eitan: "You mean the blanket?"
Me:

Me, walking home with Madeleine: "Your mom and I watched Facebook with Eitan."
Madeleine: "Really? Isn't it for the older ones?"
Me: "Well, there is kissing and stuff in the movie. Do you know about that?"
Madeleine:
Me: "Well, you can kiss for love and you can kiss for pleasure."
Madeleine: "And what was in the film?"
Me: "I think mostly for pleasure."
Madeleine: "I have only kissed you and mom. For love."
Me: "Someday you will find somebody to kiss for love and for pleasure. Both are perfectly Ok."
Madeleine: "Do people really like to do that?"
Me: "Yes. Now what happens if one person kisses for love and the other one for pleasure?"
Madeleine:
Me: "Could somebody get hurt?"
Madeleine: "Yeah."
Me: "It is all part of growing up, kid."