Monday, June 29

Drag Queen

Well, here is something I don's see every day - my father wearing a dress and pantyhose (unfortunately below the cut off). He dresses up for a Rotary skit and informs us "In major boxing matches, it is traditional for a sexy babe to walk around the ring between rounds and carry a sign announcing the next round. That was my role in the play, to be sexy and carry a sign announcing the next scene." Brilliant. I have no doubt Moe was the cut-up in his grade school class.

Eitan and I out the door for an hour of morning football practice - Madeleine declines the offer to join us (she's no dummy). Now that the sun up around 5AM the day offers plenty of useful hours though we do receive some unusual glances from the dog-walkers on Sheen Common. The training consists of a few laps around the park, some fast-jogs and star-jumps then we get into ball-control and finally practice headers and bicycle kicks, which he is able to nail on a few occassions. Football, like water polo, is all about what you cannot see - elbos, knees, holding and so forth. It is a physical game as well as elegant, and Eitan no longer complains when I flick him to the grass to steal the ball. Most of the time now he has me in circles and no doubt in several years he will be the master. How I do recall awaiting him to walk so we could do stuff like today. Now I anticipate eagerly his advancement in life and since football is the litte dude's life, his progress deeply satisfying.