Wednesday, July 4

Happy Birthday

Of course the Red Coats got their ass kicked so the perspective over here is a tad different. It is the Tenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution that is special (in my opinion): "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."(
(Photo by Morgan Webb, taken at Eagle Lake, Michigan)

Eitan and Madeleine receive glowing reports from their teachers in Hedgehogs and Squirrels, respectively. Eitan's first line from Mrs Reynolds: "Eitan is a kind, considerate and friendly child whose behaviour is exemplary at all times." While Mrs. Seddon says of Madeleine: "I have loved having Madeleine in my class this year and I will miss her shy, sweet smile."

I learn that we have made it to the final round of bidding for a $40MM life sciences secondary deal.

June sets the U.K. rainfall record dating from 1814: 135 cm.